Blog by William Gay
Going out and clubbing will be a huge part of your life at Uni- you’ll find some of your best friends and have some amazing experiences, all recorded on Instagram and Facebook of course!
During Freshers there will be a vast number of events to choose from and you’ll be wondering whether you should buy in advance or hope for the best and pay on the door- it’s always a dilemma and there are pro’s and con’s, so here are a few handy tips and bits of advice;
- If you really like the look of an event, buy early- it’s usually cheaper that way
- Bundles are a great item to buy as they get you into loads of different events and once you have your wristband you can skip queues and its quick to get into the clubs.
- Don’t buy wristbands for events at the SAME VENUE as none of your new friends will want to spend the whole week in one club, nor will you.
- It’s possible to re-sell tickets if you change your mind or just can’t make it anymore- most people use Freshers groups for this but be careful if you are buying from a private seller- only buy from official ticket vendors or people you know and trust
- Find a friend who is a ticket rep for your favourite nights as they may be able to get you on a guest list- this can get you perks like cheaper tickets and fast track entry
- Listen to 2nd & 3rd years advice through Freshers groups and forums- they will have their own Freshers stories to tell and can guide you through where to go and which events are likely to sell out.
Remember, Freshers Week will be intense, so pace yourself! And make sure you’re at the right parties- choose nights and venues that are primarily for students.